Looking for a hassle-free way to get your FPV race copter up
and going? The Graupner Quad FPV Racing Power
Pack will provide everything you need to start configuring your 330 - 500 sized
The included Graupner Brushless motors ULTRA 2812 920kV are
high-performance motors designed to work hard under challenging racing
The motors are specially machined with high tolerances and
hand-wound at the Graupner factory, making them ideal for 330 – 500 sized
copters. The design provides optimal efficiency and good cooling during
operation. The special multi-turn winding and the 12mm magnets ensure high
torque with direct drive for optimal performance and excellent power-to-weight
ULTRA CONTROL ESC
The Graupner Ultra Control 20A Race ESC is the perfect
controller for any multirotor, combining a compact design (23 x 12 x 5mm) and light
weight (7g) to provide fast response times.
The ESC settings have been specifically optimized for use with
The Ultra Control 20 A is based on the latest BL-Heli Open
Source Software and the flight controller is presently the only open source
Electronic Speed Control that uses the advanced 50MHz Silabs processors. With
twice the clock rate compared to its predecessors it guarantees higher maximum
speeds and precise timing at high speeds.
The amplifier is housed in a 3.3 x 3.3 DFN package. The
field effect transistors (FET) have an extremely low internal resistance
(<1.7 mOhm). Special FET drivers provide a more effective active recovery
and better cooling for the amplifiers. The ceramic capacitors allow super-fast
start-up times and guarantee high operational reliability.
The active Damped Light mode allows a more precise flight
behavior. The Ultra Control 20A Race automatically detects normal (PPM)
receiver pulses and ONESHOT-capable flight controllers like the Graupner GR-18.
The Ultra Control 20A Race can programmed and updated with
the Graupner USB updater (P/N 7168.6) using the BL Heli desktop software.
GR-18 FLIGHT CONTROLLER
This Power Pack comes with the GR-18. When combined with a Graupner HoTT radio it takes
mere minutes to setup your configurations and get up in the air.
The GR-18 flight controller is the cornerstone of many of
our copter products like the Alpha 250Q, Alpha 300Q, Hornet and Alpha 110. This
unique flight controller also contains a 2.4 GHz receiver equipped with our
HoTT protocol, providing real-time telemetry and convenient wireless setup of
telemetry and flight controller settings. The GR-18 supports almost any type of
multirotor configuration from Tri-Copters and Quads on up to Octo Copters.
The included SBEC (Switching Battery Eliminating Circuit)
will power your systems, such as receiver and cameras, with a continuous
current of up to 3A. When used with a Graupner radio the SBEC provides
real-time telemetry voltage information about your main battery pack (up to
22.2V) and can be programmed to provide multi-level telemetry voltage warnings
to notify you about battery power levels, significantly reducing accidents.
The SBEC provides voltage between 4.5V and 8.0V, sufficient
to power multiple servos and FPV systems. Adjust the voltage level needed for your
system by using a HoTT radio or Smart-Box.
The included Graupner C-Prop copter propellers have been specially
designed for multirotor usage. Quieter than standard propellers they produce
less noise, making them suitable for aerial photography. The thin blade profile provides higher
efficiency and ensures longer flight times.
Note: A Graupner radio transmitter (sold separately) is required to use the Power Pack and GR-18 flight controller. Look for our special radio offers during the checkout process.
- 2 x Graupner Ultra 2812 – 920 Kv CW (S7055)
- 2 x Graupner Ultra 2812 – 920 Kv CCW (S7056)
- 4 x Graupner Ultra Control 20A ONESHOT (No. S3056)
- 4 x C-Props 9x4 (2 x CW, 2 x CCW)
- 1 x GR-18 2.4GHz Multirotor Flight Controller (S1019)
- 1 x Voltage Module with SBEC (S8446)
- 1 x Velcro battery strap
- 1 x 3M VHB Tape
Instructions for programming and updating Graupner Ultra Control 20A ESC’s P/N S3056.MB – S3056 – S3057
BLHeliSuite. Download here
- Graupner USB firmware update board and cables P/N 7168.6 and P/N 7168.S (please note that this cable set is provided standard with the mz-18, mz-24, X-8N, X-8E, mc-20, mc-16, mc-32 and mx-20 radios)
- Any 3S power source to power the Graupner Ultra Control ESC
- Servo T-Cable to connect the ESC to the USB update board
After downloading the BLHeliSuite which comes in an archive, install the files from the archive in a directory where you have access rights to.
The Graupner USB update board requires the Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART drivers. Please note that in the latest windows 8 and windows 10 there is no need for installing those drivers. You can find those drivers here.
- Connect the USB cable to the USB update board and to your computer
- Connect the ESC plug and the two wire plug coming from the USB board (orange/brown) to the Y-Cable
- Start the BLHeliSuite software
- From the main menu click “Select ATMEL / SILABS Interface”
- Select “ATMEL BLHeli Bootloader USB/COM”
- Check on the left bottom corner that the right COM Port is selected (usually COM 3)
- Click on “Connect”
- A dialog will show asking you to Connect the ESC and Power Up. Apply power to the ESC. You will see the button “Connect” change to “Disconnect” indicating that the connection to the BLHeliSuite is active.
- Press the button “Read Setup” to read the current settings of the ESC.
- You will see at the top the current firmware version of the Graupner Ultra 20A ESC.
- Any changes made to the firmware settings need to be activated by pressing “Write Setup”
- If you want to check for newer firmware, click on “Flash BLHeli”. The latest firmware will be shown in the dialog. Select the version you would like to use and press OK.