Instructions for programming and updating Graupner Ultra Control 20A ESC’s P/N S3056.MB – S3056 – S3057
BLHeliSuite. Download here
- Graupner USB firmware update board and cables P/N 7168.6 and P/N 7168.S (please note that this cable set is provided standard with the mz-18, mz-24, X-8N, X-8E, mc-20, mc-16, mc-32 and mx-20 radios)
- Any 3S power source to power the Graupner Ultra Control ESC
- Servo T-Cable to connect the ESC to the USB update board
After downloading the BLHeliSuite which comes in an archive, install the files from the archive in a directory where you have access rights to.
The Graupner USB update board requires the Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART drivers. Please note that in the latest windows 8 and windows 10 there is no need for installing those drivers. You can find those drivers here.
- Connect the USB cable to the USB update board and to your computer
- Connect the ESC plug and the two wire plug coming from the USB board (orange/brown) to the Y-Cable
- Start the BLHeliSuite software
- From the main menu click “Select ATMEL / SILABS Interface”
- Select “ATMEL BLHeli Bootloader USB/COM”
- Check on the left bottom corner that the right COM Port is selected (usually COM 3)
- Click on “Connect”
- A dialog will show asking you to Connect the ESC and Power Up. Apply power to the ESC. You will see the button “Connect” change to “Disconnect” indicating that the connection to the BLHeliSuite is active.
- Press the button “Read Setup” to read the current settings of the ESC.
- You will see at the top the current firmware version of the Graupner Ultra 20A ESC.
- Any changes made to the firmware settings need to be activated by pressing “Write Setup”
- If you want to check for newer firmware, click on “Flash BLHeli”. The latest firmware will be shown in the dialog. Select the version you would like to use and press OK.